Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Item #9

Go to the dentist to get my TMJ splint adjusted

So, several (several) years ago, my last dentist recommended I get a TMJ splint, a night guard, that I could wear at night to keep my teeth from grinding together at night as well as relax my jaw to help with the popping pain I have on the right side. Unfortunately, my last dentist wasn't very good at these splints and it wasn't very comfortable to wear. It fit my teeth fine, but when I closed my mouth, I made me want to clench my jaw instead of having my jaw muscles relax. That didn't make me feel good. I tried and tried to wear it and finally, after awhile, I gave up. Lots of very good money, down the drain. Then I changed dentists (I never really liked the old one anyway...). I decided I should bring my splint in and have the new guy take a look at it. That was a year ago. But, since I am a Queen Procrastinator...well, you know how it goes. So, at my last cleaning, which, incidentally, was right before school was out, I made a special appointment to have my splint looked at. Interestingly, he took one look at it and agreed, he wouldn't have worn it either.

No comments: