Monday, June 23, 2008

Item #7

Get a car seat clip from Honda
This was just one of those things that was so small, it was easy to put off until another day. Except another day never came. My toddler is big for her age. Okay, very big for her age. Big enough that, although she just turned two a couple weeks ago, she is very close to the 40lb weight cut off for convertible car seats. At 40lbs I have to remove the 5-point harness and put her in a belt-positioning booster, which our car seat does. I don't know about anyone else, but I just wasn't interested in having my 2-year-old in a belt-positioning booster. I still wanted her in a 5-point harness for awhile. So, Jim and I bit the bullet and bought one of the new Britax Regent seats that goes up to 80lbs in a 5-point harness. This makes me feel much better. And takes me back to the task at hand. In this seat, the children stay in the 5-point harness at 40 pounds but you are supposed to have a tether clip/bolt from the top of the car seat to the back of the car, right underneath the windshield. This did not come with the car, so I had to go down to Honda and buy one. $11.82 later, I am the proud owner of a car seat clip and Jim even installed it before the day was out. Will wonders never cease.

No comments: