Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Days 1 and 2

Well, my attempt to dive into my to-do list head-first has been slightly thwarted by coming down with a cold on my first big available day of summer. However, I will not be deterred! I have still accomplished quite a couple items in the last couple days as and I can report on the numerous items I actually managed to accomplish before summer officially began.

Items #1-3
In preparation for summer, I have been preparing this to-do list for months. Every time I got stressed over not having enough time to do something, I would add it to my summer list and remind myself that I will have time to deal with it later. It was a coping mechanism. :) Fortunately, a couple things fell into place before the summer began. Most notably, the master bedroom and our will.

For the entire 9 years we have lived in this house, our bedroom has been relocation beige. We managed to acquire some decent furniture a couple years ago but the walls continued to be bland and boring and, in fact, damaged in some places where we had bumped them and where water damage from an old chimney leak was evident. I am color challenged unless I have a really good plan or theme for the room and my husband is, well, he's a guy. The walls are standing and painted, right? I decided that we needed to enlist the services of an interior designer who could not only help us choose a paint color, but also help us with finding draperies. the draperies left by the last owners have been perfectly functional as heavy blackout drapes for the last 9 years, but were dreadfully ugly and definitely needed to be replaced if we were going to paint. Amazingly, despite our crazy schedule, #1 declutter the bedroom, and #2 paint the bedroom were both completed ahead of schedule. It was a huge undertaking on our part, however, and originally supposed to be done in the summer so I am going to count it as part of this list.



#3 complete a will
We've been planning on doing this for years, at least two to be exact since that is how old our daughter is. Jim and I started this in December, meeting with a lawyer and putting together what we needed. Wed then didn't find time to get together with the lawyer again to finish everything and sign all of the papers until about a month ago. Again, something that just needed to get done and we couldn't find time for, ever. We finally pulled it together and got it done, which makes me feel much better. It's still in the to be filed pile, but that is a task for another day. :)

1 comment:

APotocky said...

Sorry for my part in any delays on Item 3!