Friday, June 20, 2008

Items 4-6

A few other things that have already been done as I prepared for summer. Some were just completed, others a few weeks ago.

#4 Buy Mommy a new swimsuit
Okay, so the last swimsuit I owned I bought in Costa Rica. In 2003. My body is not made like Costa Rican women's bodies but, at the time, I found one that would work. I had to buy it there because I found out that I was going to Costa Rica in the late fall, much too late to buy a swimsuit here. I actually went in late February/early March and suits weren't out yet. Now, of course, my post baby, body, while not all that bad (actually below pre-pregnancy weight!) just doesn't work in a suit without any, shall we say...support. Since I now have a two-year-old that I want to take to the pool a lot, I needed a new swimsuit. Thanks to advice from friend with similar support issues, I now have a very nice (and even kind of stylish) swimsuit with all the necessary support. :) There might be pics later in the summer if I meet a different goal... ;-)

#5 Join a pool
We live near the YMCA so every builder who built in our area assumed that they didn't need to build a neighborhood pool, we'd all go to the Y. Unfortunately, the Y is expensive for a young family and incredibly busy. So, we found a pool that is about ten minutes away by car, and friends of ours already belong there. We've been twice already and we all love it. I expect a long, enjoyable summer at the pool.

#6 Get rid of big chair
This took about 3 months to actually happen but it finally did a few weeks ago thanks to my husband and freecycle. We had a big chaise lounge chair that came with the den furniture 10 years ago. We had been keeping it in our bedroom but it really wasn't a piece that we ended up using very much and it was too big to go in the den. We decided to get rid of it when we did the aforementioned painting in the master bedroom. We posted it on Craigslist and someone bought it. They came to get it so we took it downstairs to the foyer. We tried to put it in their minivan but it DIDN'T FIT. They no longer wanted it. In fact, NO ONE wanted it because no one had a pickup to pick it up. But it was ALREADY in the foyer, where it sat for a veeeeery long time. Jim was busy and couldn't do much with it, I was too crazy trying to finish spring semester to deal with it either. Finally, we posted on freecycle (the Jim part of "we", at my urgent urging) and it was FINALLY taken away and we got back our foyer.

No comments: