Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Items 10-11

#10 Move everything out of my old school in preparation to move to my new one
So, I got canned this year. Sort of. The county was only paying for me to be at the school half time so the school managed to find the money part of the way through the year to make me 75% and then full-time. Hurray for my school! Unfortunately, the county decided that we only needed one ESL teacher and cut my position from 50% to 0% for the upcoming year. That left me with a rapid scramble to find a new job. Fortunately (amazingly, shockingly), I managed to get two full-time offers within two weeks and will now be working at a middle school within walking distance of my house. The worst part was having to pack everything up that I had finally gotten moved to my school and bring it back to my garage. I thought that was going to happen during the summer but I did manage to get it done during the last workdays. It even all fit in my car, but barely. Now it is sitting in my garage, hindering another goal (clean out the garage...) while I wait to unload it in my new school (yet another goal). :)


#11 Get the Defrost fixed on my car
The rear defrost has been broken on my car for like, two years. Hence, it made the list. The shop said the light in the button had just burned out. That better not be all they fixed because it didn't work before the light burned out. Not defrosting the film of frost on my rear window is a problem in the winter, you know. I guess we'll see this winter. If it's still broken, it'll make next year's list too...

No comments: