Sunday, July 13, 2008

Item 14: Sell Jim's Car

I wanted to write a catchy "Ode to the Black Car" poem but poetry has never been my forte so you're stuck with this entry instead. :)

To be very honest, I didn't have a huge amount to do with this. My part in this activity was to prod Jim along a little and, mostly, give him time to work on the sale, minus the 2-year-old. Not to say that isn't a significant part of the job! I suppose that the title should really be "Help Sell Jim's Car" but, it's my blog so that's what we'll call it. :)

Anyway! We were selling Jim's 1991 Honda Civic with 170,000+ miles on it ( a good little car, BTW) in favor of a new car (which shall be revealed soon!). (Another item on my list...)

From what we understand, it went to a good home for much more money than the dealers were offering us as a trade in. As a bonus, it sold in 24 hours on Craigslist! Go Craigslist!

He's had that car 14 years. Longer than he's known me. Jim is still experiencing withdrawal.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Ode to the Black Car

The years flew by like the road beneath your wheels.
You dutifully took me to work.
You patiently waited as I biked.
You have been a good coach.

Leak be damned, you were a good car.
You took me to Florida for Spring Break.
You took me with friends to watch the Shuttle launch.
STS-77 was great fun.


You protected me when I erred on the road.
The car ahead stopped on green, and your bumper barely bent.
I missed a car in the next lane and swerved off the highway.

You were brave when others violated you.
A thief stole my radio from you.
A bad driver busted your tail light in a rainy parking lot.
I got you repaired.
You got an alarm.
And power locks.

I dug you out of the sand when we got stuck.
You never were good with deep sand.

You drew crowds for your sale.
Only a few pictures and Craigslist.
You were a great car to me.

Thank you, Black Car, for your Fourteen years of service.
Your new owner plays the harp.
Enjoy the music.