Monday, March 30, 2009

One awesome day

Sunday in our town was a beautiful day. The weather was nice and the sun was out. I opened almost all of the windows in the house and the strong breeze (well, wind really) blew through the house bringing with it the scent of spring. We've had so much rain lately that the yellow snow season didn't last as long as it usually does. Thus, when I opened the windows, I didn't immediately start sneezing. :) Although I love the springs here, I don't often open the windows because that typically just invites pollen inside. I am moderately allergic to half of North Carolina (at least one thing in every season...and dust for any time the outside might be allergen free). But I digress...
Although we didn't spend the beautiful day outside (we were hard at work dejunkifying the house), we decided to treat ourselves to some Goodberry's ice cream after dinner. The Goodberry's is walking distance from our house but it's a pretty good hike for Katie and her short legs. It was great. We walked, we enjoyed, got a good picture on the way there, and ate LOTS of ice cream (Katie's cone was WAY bigger than I expected). Then the rain clouds rolled in the wind blew harder and we didn't have warm enough clothing for the now cold outside and the tired child (whose bedtime was already past) started tripping (a LOT) and skinning her knees, busting her lip, and scraping her hand. She didn't want Jim to carry her on his shoulders (the easiest and fastest way), she wants me to carry her in my arms. With my bad back.

Despite the bumps at the end we still had a great time and I look forward to many more trips this summer (although, perhaps for lunch or afternoon snack...when rain is not in the forcast...). Now that Katie is more potty-trained (note I did not say FULLY potty trained, just closer) we managed to go on the trip with nothing outside of the money we needed to buy the ice cream. that was awesome. I can't wait to go to the pool without swim diapers! I may bring a case of wet wipes and a jacket next time we go for ice cream though. :)

No comments: