Sunday, March 29, 2009

Train Wreck

Well, every time I come up with a great plan there is not only a derailment but sometimes a complete train wreck. Since my last post, my back has become worse so I spent days in agony and doped up on pain killers trying to finish the annual ESL testing. I couldn't take a sick day because I was the only who could finish the testing before the testing window closed. Then, the weekend came and, after a decent day on Saturday, Katie started throwing up (in my new car no less) and threw up for several days. Then she had a high fever. After the fever went away and she stopped throwing up she got really bad acid reflux that had her screaming in pain for a couple nights. She ate bananas for several days and had another frightened of pooping episode. We recently got past that so I'm hoping it won't last too long.

Time and Mylicon have finally helped and she is healing now. After our crazy two weeks, it's time to get back on track.

This weekend, Ricarda was back from her trip to Washington, DC and she was willing to babysit for us again. This has got to be the best thing we've ever done. On Sunday afternoon, we relaxed some after church and then worked for several hours going through boxes in our bedroom, doing laundry, and catching up a bit from the craziness of the past weeks. I'm really starting to feel like we might finally get somewhere with our stuff.

Now that things have calmed down, we'll see how our Daily 7 routine works.

1 comment:

HeatherV said...

Glad to hear the train wreck was a bit derailed by Sunday. Sorry I didn't get back in touch on Saturday. Crazy busy and after a really long week I wouldn't have been good company anyway. I hope Katie is better and you picked up some good stuff at the sale.