Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weight and exercise

Oy. The best time to start posting about your weight is when it is increasing...NOT! Okay, so it is a little embarrassing that I started posting my weight talking about my weight loss goals and was exercising and instead have gained, apparently, 3 lbs in one week. I keep telling my scale, "That is the wrong direction!"

I've decided I'm okay with it, though, for now. Ricarda leaves us on July 11th and she has several places that she wants to go eat before she leaves (Schlotzky's and Chili's are on the list) and she really wanted to eat my pear jello and Jim's sweet potatoe casserole (typically a Christmas/Thanksgiving food because they are yummy but deadly) before she leaves. Then, of course, I leave for 10 days in Denver on Friday so trying to maintain any kind of a specific program before I come back is just silly. After we come back from Denver, Ricarda has only 4 more days with us so we will make the most of them, food and timewise. Then, after she has gone, I have decided that I will rejoin Weight Watchers and knuckle down to it again.

In a way, this is good. I have only just begun exercising again and I am finally starting to get to where I can exercise kind of aerobically. My fitness level is still really pathetic but I'm feeling good about it. I've had very little trouble with my back, at least nothing that wasn't quickly fixable at the physical therapy session. That is HUGE. Like monsterous. It's so amazing that I can exercise again without the pain increasing, I don't hardly know what to do with myself. As the exercise can increase, so too will the ability to manage my weight again. By the time I restart Weight Watchers in 2 weeks, I will have enough strength to really start a program, albeit slowly, and I should see some progress after that. I may even be able to convince Jim, my husband, to do it with me. He loves to walk but has fallen out of the habit with a little one in the house and crazy work schedules. We could both stand to lose some weight so here's to a New Year's resolution in July! (We just had Christmas in June so we could have those special dishes for Ricarda so I think I can claim New Year's in July. :) )

Wish us luck!

No comments: