Thursday, February 26, 2009

Coming back...

Well, the fact that I haven't written in awhile can mean one of two things, either I'm busy getting it done or too busy to get anything done! I would say the truth is kind of in between. Over Christmas I was busy enjoying life, much too busy to write about it. Now I'm too busy working to get much of anything done. Every spring all the ESL students in my school (well, everyone's school) need to be tested. I have 87 students to test myself on a four part test. It's more work than I was expecting and I have several things working against me.

It's a new test so nobody knows how anything works. The state had issues with last year's scores so the paperwork is messed up this year and I've spent hours upon hours wading through records to clean it up. The test is more work than it used to be and I'm still a second year teacher teaching at a new school and a new grade level over last year. That means it's like my first year all over again.

Oh, and Katie is still afraid of pooping on the potty. (Although we are starting to have some progress in that department. Stay tuned as the story progresses.)

The good news is that Jim just started a new job that starts to pay in a couple of weeks and the tests are due in to the testing office by March 20th. Then, I may take a personal sanity day and sleep in. :)

1 comment:

HeatherV said...

Welcome Back Chica! I know you are under alot of stress these days so I am sending you gifts of organization at school and time for your family and yourself.

A big congrats to Jim on the new job.