Friday, October 3, 2008

Chocolate or cookies?

Katie is hilarious at dinnertime. She is just as much a cookie monster as her mom is and would happily not eat anything as long as she can have a cookie. When she sits down in the chair, she says "Have a cookie now?" When I say she has to eat some dinner before she can have a cookie, she happily eats one bite and then innocently asks "Have a cookie now?" It's great. We do this several times until she eats a satisfactory amount for me to decide to give her a cookie.

She often, however, cannot decide between a cookie and chocolate (some kind of chocolate candy, currently fun size Three Musketeers bars). The other night she ate some dinner and specifically asked for chocolate. I asked her if she wanted a cookie. She said, "No, don't want a cookie, I want chocolate." So, I brought her the candy bar and got a cookie for myself. Insta meltdown. "I want a cookie!!!!!" she cries. "I don't want chocolate!!!" So, a change from my normal, I decided to take the chocolate that she was sending my way and get a cookie from the jar. I then held them, one in each hand, and offered her a choice (that's what I'm supposed to be doing, right?) She distinctly chose the chocolate. So, I put the cookie back (it hadn't been touched by her yet. Again, insta meltdown. In fact she cried hysterically through the entire eating of her chocolate. One of the funniest images I have ever seen was her, in full crying hysteria mode, with the entire Three Musketeer bar in her mouth, partially sticking out crying, "Don't want chocolate! I want a cookie!!!!!!" repeatedly.

1 comment:

HeatherV said...

Too funny! Loved spending the morning with the kids at the park. Ben and Katie feeding the ducks with sand after the bread ran out was too funny. I hope to get the video I took up on my blog tomorrow with a weekend round up!

oh- check your donors choose site :-)