Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Potty Training

I have been avoiding it like the plague. I did not want to potty train until I absolutely had too. It takes me mentally back to the breastfeeding days when I could only get out of the house for an hour at a time because we never figured out how to breastfeed outside the house. So, between naps and feedings, I got two 45-60 minute times to fly (relatively speaking) out the door to run AN errand. I fear this will be the same. While I know that we can potty in public restrooms that don't have potty seats, whether or not she will is another story entirely. To be honest, I gave it a try this last weekend and had some success pottying at Target and at church. Church doesn't necessarily count though because there are potty seat inserts in every bathroom.

But, her daycare teachers have been telling us they were ready to try underwear for a month and tonight, amazingly, shockingly, Katie pooped on the potty. Like a real honest to goodness diaper full, minus the diaper. She's been peeing fairly regularly for a few weeks now. This weekend, something will be added and hopefully, eliminated from my ever dynamic to-do list: switching to underwear.

Please pray...

No comments: