Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Goin' to Charleston!

Wow, three days of blogging in a row. This must be a record.

Okay, so my church choir is singing a song in our Christmas program called "Going to Bethlehem" and I have it stuck in my head. It's a great song and I made up a new verse as I was sitting here:

Going to Charleston
to a conference
Going to Charleston
With my man.

Going to Charleston
leaving my children,
Going to Charleston,
gonna be real fun!

Jim and I decided to try to get away without the children for a weekend each fall and spring. So far, we've only been able to go away once since Katie was born. Last spring we spent several days in Charleston relaxing and sightseeing. This fall, we haven't managed to arrange a fall weekend. Between trying to get a grandparent here to stay with Katie and Ricarda and our crazy schedule it just hasn't worked out, until now. I got the opportunity to go to an ESL conference in Charleston. I suggested that Jim try to go with me in lieu of a whole free weekend. I have to pay my own hotel anyway so why not? A hurried phone call to the MIL and all was arranged. My MIL arrives tomorrow evening and Jim and I are going to try to drive a couple hours tomorrow night and stay somewhere between here and Charleston. That way we can sleep in (for a change!) and drive the rest of the way tomorrow. It's not the best but it's better than nothing. We'll start planning our spring weekend next week. :) Babysitters? Anyone?

No comments: